This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Please review Intel BID library branch
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, jh at suse dot cz, ian at airs dot com, bonzini at gnu dot org, dj at redhat dot com, neroden at gcc dot gnu dot org, aoliva at redhat dot com, gerald at pfeifer dot com
- Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 21:19:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: Please review Intel BID library branch
- References: <20070701181345.GA5415@lucon.org>
H.J. Lu wrote:
I created a branch for Intel BID library at
and synced it with mainline at revision 126175. The only differences
are a new top level directory, libbid which contains Intel BID
library, and a libgcc2 patch I am enclosing it here. I tested it on
Linux/ia32 and Linux/x86-64 with default languages. It only affects
Linux/ia32 and Linux/x86-64 since they are the only targets which
use BID for DFP. Could maintainers for x86, libgcc and build machinery
take a look at the libbid branch?
As far as x86 is concerned, this patch is OK*.
* All bugs that broke bootstrap were fixed during initial development,
and all special features (i.e. __float128) have been addressed at that
time too. _IF_ there are any other minor problems, they will be
addressed during Stage 2. That said, the patch should be ready for prime
BTW: I'd like to nominate H.J. for a (co-)maintainer of a DFP library.