This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [dataflow] remove useless call from fwprop
- From: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- To: bonzini at gnu dot org
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:00:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [dataflow] remove useless call from fwprop
- References: <460A367D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <460A39B7.email@example.com>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> This is one of the most expensive df_* calls, and it costs 1%
>> of compilation time. No kidding.
> Oops. The 1% is because I had another patch in my tree.
> Still this cannot hurt.
Have you tested this? I would love to get rid of this, but unless you
get rid of
for (i = 0; i < DF_USES_TABLE_SIZE (); i++)
struct df_ref *use = DF_USES_GET (i);
|| DF_REF_TYPE (use) == DF_REF_REG_USE
|| DF_REF_BB (use)->loop_father == NULL)
and the other code like it.,
you cannot get rid of that call.