This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch to update libtool in GCC and binutils trees
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, newlib at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:30:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: Patch to update libtool in GCC and binutils trees
- References: <4603FE9F.email@example.com> <200703261632.JAA15792@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
- Reply-to: bonzini at gnu dot org
Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I tested the new libtool on HP-UX and Linux over the weekend. The
> builds all worked fine but I got many C++ failures during testing on
> IA64 HP-UX, PA HP-UX (32 bits), and x86_64 Linux. All the failures
> seemed to involve trouble finding the libstdc++ library when linking
> test programs. On IA64 HP-UX, testing worked in default 32 bit mode but
> failed in 64 bit mode because we have a -L that finds the 32 bit
> libstdc++ library before one that finds the 64 bit version. On PA and
> x86_64, we just don't seem to find libstdc++ at all.
> I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.
Thanks. By the way, next time it's best if you don't post the
new libtool files as a patch, but just attach them or a .tar.gz
of them. Just post the configure.ac/Makefile.am changes as diffs.
Sorry for not asking for this the previous time.