This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] testcases for -fstack-protector
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Eric Christopher <echristo at apple dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 09:30:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] testcases for -fstack-protector
- References: <C846C091-D6DD-428F-8EB4-35C74EA43789@apple.com>
On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 04:07:26PM -0700, Eric Christopher wrote:
> Here's a couple of quick tests to ensure that -fstack-protector is
> working. I've got them enabled for native only.
Not all targets support -fstack-protector. You'll want
to have a target-supports test that looks for the warning
"-fstack-protector not supported for this target" when
compiling an empty file.