This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] Updates for hot/cold attribute and -mcmodel=large
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 13:57:51 -0800
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Updates for hot/cold attribute and -mcmodel=large
- References: <20070306205832.GE470@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 09:58:32PM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> this is for the new user visible features comitted today...
> Index: changes.html
> RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/gcc-4.3/changes.html,v
> retrieving revision 1.33
> diff -c -p -r1.33 changes.html
> *** changes.html 4 Mar 2007 15:47:38 -0000 1.33
> --- changes.html 6 Mar 2007 19:06:01 -0000
> *** 142,147 ****
> --- 142,156 ----
> the order in which the constructor and destructor functions are
> + <li>New function attributes <code>hot</code> and <code>cold</code>
> + was introduced. Functions marked by <code>hot</code> attribute
> + are placed into <code>text.hot</code> subsection and the
> + performance to code size tradeoffs are biassed towards the performance.
> + Functions marked by <code>cold</code> attribute are placed
> + into <code>text.unlikely</code> subsection and the performance
I think they should be .text.hot and .text.unlikely.