This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: more tidying of x86 feature tests
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 17:18:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: more tidying of x86 feature tests
- References: <20070306160654.GA23909@redhat.com>
> As suggested somewhere in the thread, perform the mask in
> override options, and let the feature test reduce to a mere
> comparison vs zero.
does it really make CC1 smaller/faster? I would expect that in many
places we test things like TARGET_something || TARGET_something_else
that can be simplified into single & operation in the former scheme.
But probably the amount of unoptimized & operations dominate, I am just
THe individual flags could probably use some more comments, I will try
to put together something.