This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
gcc --version reports wrong year
- From: David Taylor <dtaylor at emc dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:30:55 -0500
- Subject: gcc --version reports wrong year
Take a recent trunk build of gcc and do:
it'll report the copyright year as 2006.
Here is an untested patch:
--- gcc/gcc.c (revision 122554)
+++ gcc/gcc.c (working copy)
@@ -3572,7 +3572,7 @@
/* translate_options () has turned --version into -fversion. */
printf (_("%s (GCC) %s\n"), programname, version_string);
- printf ("Copyright %s 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.\n",
+ printf ("Copyright %s 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.\n",
fputs (_("This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO\n\
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.\n\n"),
Note: I do not have write access to the repository.