This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Do not set BB_SUPERBLOCK in loop-unroll.c:split_edge_and_insert
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 10:03:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Do not set BB_SUPERBLOCK in loop-unroll.c:split_edge_and_insert
- References: <email@example.com> <20070225184955.GA13143@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070225231043.GA472@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20070301000338.GA11362@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070301165636.GA2461@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: bonzini at gnu dot org
> So now I can stay in cfglayout mode over even fewer passes, until I
> (or, I'd really hope, Ian) will have taught lower-subreg to update the
> CFG in place. Ian has already told me why he needed this, and I hope
> we can find some time to solve the issue in a cleaner way.
Probably, lower-subreg can be modified to use a simpler definition of find_many_sub_basic_blocks, something like "find_eh_edges_in_basic_block", that can be written for cfglayout mode. I see how this is complicating your work, however. :-(
As soon as I queue out some changes I have for dataflow branch, I'll finish the patch for making combine work in cfglayout mode. It will only be for df-branch, since it depends on a couple of cleanups I made when I changed combine to work with LUIDs.