This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reduce Dwarf Debug Size
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>, Lawrence Crowl <crowl at google dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:07:42 -0800
- Subject: Re: Reduce Dwarf Debug Size
- References: <email@example.com> <796808AD-9E2E-4DD6-B817-2EFDDC1943D8@apple.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070228220350.GA20232@caradoc.them.org> <email@example.com> <DAF096F9-56E0-4646-B26A-AB45D65AE733@apple.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Feb 28, 2007, at 6:26 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
That approach doesn't work well for us because it requires you to keep
the .o files around if you want to do any debugging.
Nope, but one does have to otherwise `do something'. For example, we
enter all debugging information into a large db that is indexed by a