This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: PR preprocessor/22168
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 10:12:01 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Patch: PR preprocessor/22168
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Tom Tromey wrote:
> This patch fixes PR preprocessor/22168.
> GCC documents its '#assert' extension as deprecated. However, it does
> not ever warn if this extension is used.
Ouch. If/when this goes in, would you mind adding a note to
gcc-4.3/changes.html as well?
In fact, I wonder whether we shouldn't consider this for GCC 4.2 as
well. Usually we try to inform users about deprecated functionality
as soon as possible. What do you think?