This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix mingw32 bootstrap regression.
- From: 'Bob Rossi' <bob_rossi at cox dot net>
- To: Danny Smith <dannysmith at clear dot net dot nz>
- Cc: 'Carlos O'Donell' <carlos at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, 'Mark Mitchell' <mark at codesourcery dot com>, cgf at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:45:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix mingw32 bootstrap regression.
- References: <20061222154547.GI3741@lios> <000001c7261b$a6de2fa0$b64861cb@anykey>
On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 11:50:57AM +1300, Danny Smith wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 09:15:57PM +1300, Danny Smith wrote:
> > > This way:
> > > bash, sed, configure, make, expect, dejagnu, etc are cygwin tools
> > > (cygwin1.dll-dependent).
> > > The build gcc, binutils are from mingw (msvcrt.dll-dependent).
> > > I've done it this way since well before msys.
> > You run a native bootstrap using these tools?
> mingw binaries precede cygwin binaries in PATH (unless I actually logon
> to cygwin).
> mount table contains:
> c:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binm
> c:\cygwin\usr on /usr type system (binmode)
> c:\cygwin\bin on /bin type system (binmode)
> c:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binm
> c:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
> c:\mingw on /mingw type system (binmode)
> c:\developex on /developex type system (binmode
> mingw binaries live in /mingw/bin
> cygwin binaries live in /cygwin/bin
> development sources and builds are all rooted in /developex
> Thus native pathnames of all native components are same as cygwin
> I have never needed to use msys. The cygwin tools have been more
Once you get a build with this setup, is gcc then relocatable for you?
On the machine you are distributing gcc to, do you have to untar the
mingw-runtime, w32api and binutils? If so, is it required that they go
in /mingw? How do you get an installation tarball of your gcc? Does
'make DESTDIR=/developex/destdir install' work? And then tar up
/developex/destdir and copy it over?