This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for stricter implicit conversions between vectors
- From: Mark Shinwell <shinwell at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Cc: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:38:44 +0000
- Subject: Re: Patch for stricter implicit conversions between vectors
- References: <4559B33A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <45818A69.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Andrew Pinski wrote:
A couple of comments about this patch.
First I think it will break the following for VMX:
vector unsigned short f(vector unsigned char a, vector unsigned char b)
return vec_vmuloub(a, b);
Which is valid.
Do you *think* or does it break?
I'm going to find out when the build on ppc has finished... :-)