This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] model misalignment idioms for the spu
- From: trevor_smigiel at playstation dot sony dot com
- To: Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:07:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] model misalignment idioms for the spu
- References: <OFAC6E8564.8533D3DD-ONC2257243.007E2B07-C2257243.008169B2@il.ibm.com>
This patch is fine. Go ahead and commit it.
* Dorit Nuzman <DORIT@il.ibm.com> [2006-12-13 15:40]:
> This patch models the misalignment idioms (realign_load and mask_for_load)
> to allow vectorization of misaligned code on the spu. Tested on the
> vectorizer testcases. (There are 2 new XPASSes - vect-57 and vect-61 -
> which are not related to this patch, and appeared recently on other
> platforms too - probably related to the memssa commits).
> ok to commit once passes full make check?
> Thanks to Trevor for ironing the patch,