This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH RFA: Remove prev-DIR/Makefile to force reconfigure
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:50:59 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: Remove prev-DIR/Makefile to force reconfigure
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
There is code in the top level configure.in file to force
subdirectories to be reconfigured by removing DIR/Makefile. That code
handles stage*-DIR. However, if you have completed a bootstrap, the
directories will be named stage1-DIR and prev-DIR. In order to
properly force a reconfigure, prev-DIR/Makefile needs to be removed
This patch does that. Tested by running configure. OK for mainline?
I will commit to src after approved for gcc.
It makes a lot of sense to me at least.