This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Path ping...
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:05:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: Path ping...
- References: <20061126153325.GA6360@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-10/msg01358.html
> > Infrastructure for passing memcpy/memset profiles to backend
> If it's OK with you, I'd like to give some more opportunity for folks
> to comment on this histogram infrastructure change, whilst the dust
> settles on the above patches. It'll also give me a chance to see
> what x86 code we actually generate with all of your above changes.
> Please ping this again in a while, and it you could include some
> expected performance numbers that would be great.
The histogram infrastructure change went in today (with some delays
ineed). It would be nice to progress on this one so it has some use as
Also did the explanantion on why having only hot/cold information passed
to backend seem sensible?
Thanks a lot,
> Many thanks,