This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: mem-ssa merge 3/3
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:32:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: mem-ssa merge 3/3
- References: <email@example.com>
Benjamin Kosnik wrote on 12/12/06 05:29:
Glad to hear that. One thing I would like to watch out for is
performance of generated code. The memory partitioning scheme may
change the use-def and def-def chains we place between memory references.
Hey Diego. Now that the big part of your patch is in, I am seeing a
10-15% compile speed benefit.
So, it is possible that we may be making different optimization
decisions (though according to Nullstone and SPEC2000, that should