This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Updating top-level autoconf to 2.59
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:26:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: Updating top-level autoconf to 2.59
- References: <200612082202.OAA02670@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 02:02:58PM -0800, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> All of the subtrees in the GCC and Src trees have been updated to use
> autoconf 2.59 and now that GCC 4.2 has branched I think it is time to
> update the toplevel configure script to use 2.59 too. I came up with
> the attached patch but I found that when I set (and exported) CC and
> then ran the GCC configure & make my build of libstdc++ failed because
> the build of the libstdc++ library was using my original bootstrap CC
> (the one used to build the new compiler) instead of the newly built g++
> like it does now. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? Does
> anyone know how to fix it?
Not to me, but let me see if I can reproduce it.