This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR17687, sincos causing extra addressable vars
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 00:43:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR17687, sincos causing extra addressable vars
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 13:50 +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
> + tree fn;
> + /* We treat sincos specially here because we want to avoid
> + making the second and third argument addressable. We do so
> + by creating a new compound expression with a temporary
> + complex value to store the result of a cexpi call
> + and to initialize the sincos result arguments. */
Seems like a hack, a very very bad one. I would rather have the
gimplifier just do that gimplify and not transform stuff like this.
This really belongs in builtins.c in something like fold_sincos.
In builtins.c I would use a SAVE_EXPR and that solves the problem of
having to creating a temporary variable.