This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
toplevel commits [was Re: Fix make -j4 installs]
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:16:42 -0500
- Subject: toplevel commits [was Re: Fix make -j4 installs]
- References: <20061208024428.3649DFE4D7@mrs2.apple.com>
> Checked into mainline and 4.2.
I'm taking this opportunity to remind people that the toplevel build
files[*] are supposed to be kept in sync between the gcc and src
repositories. It's not automatic - it's up to the committer to commit
to both, or arrange for someone to commit to the other. Past
divergences have led to various nightmares, so please bear with us on
So, if you touch any of the toplevel build files please arrange for
both repositories to be updated in tandem.
[*] Specifically, these files are monitors for in-sync-ness:
Makefile.tpl Makefile.def Makefile.in configure.in configure
config/* install-sh missing depcomp config.guess config.sub
compile ylwrap config.rpath