This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Make CSE path following use the CFG
- From: "Steven Bosscher" <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: "Ian Lance Taylor" <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Sayle, Roger" <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:59:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make CSE path following use the CFG
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 06 Dec 2006 20:15:16 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com> wrote:
> + /* If this basic block was already processed or has no sets,
> + skip it. */
> + if (ebb_data.nsets == 0)
> + continue;
Is that comment right? I don't see any test of "this basic block was
already processed." That was tested above.
I just copied over too much from the old comment :-) It used to be:
- /* If this basic block was already processed or has no sets, skip it. */
- if (val.nsets == 0 || GET_MODE (insn) == QImode)
where QImode on an insn meant that the block had already been processed.
You're going to need to retest because of the incorrect negation of
INSN_P. Please change the do/while loop if my suggestions look
correct. Please fix the comments.
Okeydokey. Thanks for going over the patch!