This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Announce: MPFR 2.2.1 is released
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gerald at pfeifer dot com, ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu, vincent at vinc17 dot org
- Date: 04 Dec 2006 15:34:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: Announce: MPFR 2.2.1 is released
- References: <10612041909.AA28101@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <20061204191310.GM21441@synopsys.com>
Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM> writes:
> The ordinary user who builds gcc from source does not need *any*
> version of automake, autoconf, etc., so any strict requirements that
> are imposed on these tools have an impact only on gcc developers.
I wish we could have similar requirements for GMP and MPFR, rather
than requiring the user to pre-install them on pretty much EVERY