This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Announce: MPFR 2.2.1 is released
- From: Bruce Korb <Bruce dot Korb at gmail dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: Vincent Lefevre <vincent at vinc17 dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gerald at pfeifer dot com
- Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 10:16:31 -0800
- Subject: Re: Announce: MPFR 2.2.1 is released
- References: <20061129110210.GA24271@prunille.vinc17.org> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com>
Requiring this is a bit of a nuisance. mpfr requires gmp so I had to
go pull and build that only to find:
checking if gmp.h version and libgmp version are the same...
which is a problem because I cannot have /usr/local/lib found before
some things, yet for mpfr I have to find gmp in /usr/local/lib first.
way for this to work is for mpfr to use gmp-config to find out where to
and libraries. This was not done. I don't have an easy route from here
Now, what? :( Thanks - Bruce
Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>> MPFR 2.2.1 is now available for download from the MPFR web site:
>> Thanks very much to those who tested the release candidates.
>> The MD5's:
>> 40bf06f8081461d8db7d6f4ad5b9f6bd mpfr-2.2.1.tar.bz2
>> 662bc38c75c9857ebbbc34e3280053cd mpfr-2.2.1.tar.gz
>> 93a2bf9dc66f81caa57c7649a6da8e46 mpfr-2.2.1.zip
> Hi Vincent, thanks for making this release. Since this version of mpfr
> fixes important bugs encountered by GCC, I've updated the gcc
> documentation and error messages to refer to version 2.2.1.
> I have NOT (yet) updated gcc's configure to force the issue. I'll wait a
> little while to let people upgrade.