This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
patch: revise doc for always_inline
- From: Stuart Hastings <stuart at apple dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:55:33 -0800
- Subject: patch: revise doc for always_inline
- References: <DCA72F27-BE2D-419A-B180-AEF2011AFDB4@apple.com>
I recently discovered (got a bug :-) that the always_inline attribute
doesn't always work at -O0 or -O1. This is because always_inline
requires -funit-at-a-time, and -funit-at-a-time is off for -O0 and -O1.
A brief offline discussion with Honza has persuaded me this behavior
is correct; accordingly, we should change the documentation for
always_inline to match.
2006-11-19 Stuart Hastings <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gcc/doc/extend.texi: Revise documentation for always_inline.
Description: Text document
Tested on Darwin/ppc with "make info." O.K. for trunk?