This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran,patch, RFC] Allow coredump and backtrace on runtime error
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- Cc: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 09:58:17 -0800
- Subject: Re: [gfortran,patch, RFC] Allow coredump and backtrace on runtime error
- References: <email@example.com>
François-Xavier Coudert wrote:
I don't think we need all the clutter. I think that if a user is knowledgeable
and can use a backtrace, they can ask for it. For most errors it is not needed.
-- I made -fbacktrace the default behaviour, because it doesn't cost
a CPU cycle during execution. Do you think that makes the output too