This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Out Of SSA Rewrite - New TER implementation
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: shinwell at codesourcery dot com (Mark Shinwell)
- Cc: amacleod at redhat dot com (Andrew MacLeod), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc-patches)
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:59:38 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Out Of SSA Rewrite - New TER implementation
> Andrew MacLeod wrote:
> > This patch re-implements TER. The fundamental idea remains the same...
> > step through the function determining tracking which single use
> > expressions are currently available for substitution, and marking them
> > as replaceable if the use is seen while they are still valid.
> I've only had a quick look at this, but I think it might still suffer
> from PR# 29877 which we looked at recently. Since I haven't finished
> preparing a mainline patch for that yet (the testcase identified in my
> patch on Bugzilla needed further alteration for other targets) then
> perhaps I should just hang on until this is in?
Except I think PR 29877 should also be fixed on the 4.0, 4.1, and 4.2