This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA/RFC: Adding support for gmp and mpfr sources in the build tree
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:52:45 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFA/RFC: Adding support for gmp and mpfr sources in the build tree
- References: <email@example.com>
Nick Clifton wrote:
> Would anyone care to comment on, or possibly even approve the
> attached patch ? It adds support for the sources for the GMP and
> MPFR libraries being present at the top level in the source tree.
Unless/until the top-level configury does a "staged install", we'll be
depending on the build directory structure of these libraries. We don't
control that, and we know they change from time to time. So, it sounds
like we'll be right back to the switches we've just agreed to remove
(e.g., --with-gmp-dir). So, I think this is a bad idea.
> + # start-sanitize-redhat
Of course, those markers should be removed, if the patch goes in.
(650) 331-3385 x713