This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: fix the --with-mpfr-dir=PATH configure flag
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Bradley Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:56:02 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: fix the --with-mpfr-dir=PATH configure flag
- References: <E4F13B4D-1EE4-475C-8A99-ED90B99C7D5F@math.purdue.edu>
On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 11:25:30PM -0500, Bradley Lucier wrote:
> >I'll also note that the number of people who install
> >gfortran from sources is perhaps a small number.
> Many machines don't have gfortran installed by default (like, all the
> MacOS boxes, for example), so I think a *lot* of people install
> gfortran from source.
I've pointed more people at the gfortran wiki for pre-compiled
gfortran than advising people to build gfortran from source.
Of course, I hang out in comp.lang.fortran where people want
a compiler not a less in software engineering.
I'll refrain from commenting on MacOS.