This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap (PR rtl-opt/29879)
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:50:13 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix bootstrap (PR rtl-opt/29879)
On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> * fwprop.c (loops): Remove.
> (forward_propagate_into): Use current_loops instead of
> (fwprop_init): Call loop_optimizer_init instead of
> (fwprop_done): Call loop_optimizer_finalize instead of
> (fwprop): Use current_loops instead of loops.
This is OK for mainline, with the minor modification recommended by
Zdenek, that it need not test current_loops->num anywhere.
Many thanks to Andrew for fixing the bootstrap failure, and to both
Zdenek and Paolo for confirming that the fix is correct.
Now the task of figuring out why this wasn't caught in testing prior
to being committed. Presumably an incompatible change to loop handling
has collided with fwprop during stage 1?