This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ diagnostic PATCH: fix pr 8586
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:55:01 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: C++ diagnostic PATCH: fix pr 8586
- References: <email@example.com> <456104F4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Paolo Carlini wrote:
| Hi Gaby,
| >2006-11-19 Gabriel Dos Reis <email@example.com>
| > PR c++/8586
| > * c-opts.c (c_common_handle_option): Enable -Wwrite-strings if -Wall.
| out of curiosity, I checked the documentation, and I'm not completely
| sure it's consistent with the new behavior of -Wall, in particular the
| last sentence of the below. Also, the -Wwrite-strings entry is grouped
| together the other options not implied by -Wall...
| What do you think?
It probably makes sense not to have it on default for C programs.
I'll update the documentation. Thanks for pointing it out.