This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC, patch] Fix pr24783 : resolves implicit type from wrong namespace
- From: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>
- To: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Bernhard Fischer <rep dot nop at aon dot at>, Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 13:09:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC, patch] Fix pr24783 : resolves implicit type from wrong namespace
- References: <20061114180325.GB5980@aon.at> <F35CB696-02E3-4FBD-8966-36E89FACF6D0@gmail.com>
FX Coudert wrote:
I have looked it over also and I think it is OK. The function
gfc_get_default_type being called defaults to gfc_current_ns if it is given
NULL. In the test case, the namespace is not always the current one.
2006-11-14 Bernhard Fischer <>
* resolve.c (resolve_variable): Get the implicit type from the
symbols namespace rather than the default namespace.
Apart from the fact that your email address is missing in the ChangeLog
entries, this patch looks OK to me. However, I'd prefer a second
opinion, as you seem not to be too sure about it and I'm not an expert
in the resolution mechanism either.
So, could someone else give it a look (it's a one-liner, so it won't be
too long to read, I promise), please?
OK for trunk and give it a few days before 4.2 after testing.