This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, fortran] Remove closing periods from error messages.
- From: Bernhard Fischer <rep dot nop at aon dot at>
- To: Brooks Moses <brooks dot moses at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:30:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch, fortran] Remove closing periods from error messages.
- References: <455B84F0.email@example.com>
On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 01:21:52PM -0800, Brooks Moses wrote:
>According to the GNU error-message standards, error messages should not
>end with periods. GFortran has a dozen or so errors and warnings that
>violate this rule, which I found with the following grep patterns:
> grep -A3 'gfc_error' * | grep '\."'
> grep -A3 'gfc_warn' * | grep '\."'
egrep -A5 "gfc_(notif|fatal)" * | egrep "\.[[:space:]]*\""