This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ivopts cost oddities
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Date: 15 Nov 2006 07:23:24 -0800
- Subject: Re: ivopts cost oddities
- References: <44CA5C65.firstname.lastname@example.org> <455B24A5.email@example.com>
Bernd Schmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> --- tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c (revision 118853)
> +++ tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c (working copy)
> @@ -3321,32 +3321,32 @@ multiply_by_cost (HOST_WIDE_INT cst, enu
> /* Returns true if multiplying by RATIO is allowed in address. */
> -multiplier_allowed_in_address_p (HOST_WIDE_INT ratio)
> +multiplier_allowed_in_address_p (HOST_WIDE_INT ratio, enum machine_mode mode)
I think this needs a comment about the meaning of MODE. Is it the
mode of the memory to which the address points? Or is it the mode of
the address computation?
Same in at least one other place.