This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Make gcc/configure* ld version parser a little bit less strict
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:50:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make gcc/configure* ld version parser a little bit less strict
- References: <20061107130835.GS24872@devserv.devel.redhat.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 04:39:28PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Ok for 4.3/4.2/4.1?
> > 2006-11-07 Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > * configure.ac (ld_vers): Parse GNU ld version 188.8.131.52.3-6 20060715
> > style versions.
> > * configure: Rebuilt.
> Ok for HEAD; ok for the others if the release managers say so.
Mark, is this ok also for 4.2/4.1? It is a regression of a different kind (GCC
4.x configured on FC6 regresses to GCC 4.x configured on FC5 or other
distros) and is IMHO safe (configure really doesn't care about the lower
version numbers anyway, only major/minor and date).