This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Prefetching dump fixes
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: roger at eyesopen dot com (Roger Sayle)
- Cc: rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz (Zdenek Dvorak), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:39:52 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Prefetching dump fixes
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> > * tree-ssa-loop.c (pass_loop_prefetch): Change name to aprefetch.
> > * tree-ssa-loop-prefetch.c (dump_mem_ref): Fix target file.
> > (tree_ssa_prefetch_arrays): Do not dump for removed loops.
> This is OK for mainline.
> However, what do folks think of the following alternate fix?
> This avoids -fdump-tree-pre from matching -fdump-tree-prefetch by
> requiring that the match terminate either with a '\0' or a '-'
> separator character. So "-fdump-tree-pre" and "-fdump-tree-pre-all"
> continue to work, but we disallow the contracted "-fdump-tree-preall"
> which I suspect is currently accepted by an oversight?
the accepting of preall is an oversight but we have not make sure
that -fdump-tree-vrp dumps both .vrp1 and vrp2 because that support was added
by Daniel Berlin has been useful for going between 4.1 and 4.2 and other versions