This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] New port of Cell SPU
- From: Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead dot org>
- To: trevor_smigiel at playstation dot sony dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, Andrew_Pinski at PlayStation dot Sony dot Com, Russell_Olsen at playstation dot sony dot com
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 23:47:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New port of Cell SPU
- References: <20061103231015.GC17248@playstation.sony.com> <20061109233728.GF28330@playstation.sony.com>
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 03:37:28PM -0800, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Here is an updated patch containing the port for Cell SPU.
> This patch addresses all previous issues raised, includes the
> documentation changes, and a couple of other fixes.
Should vmx2spu.h really be part of gcc? It just maps an already odd API
to the normal spu API. The only (small) point I see in this header would
be if it was installed as altivec.h, providing the exactly same API as the
powerpc side. If it's different you should better put it into the sony
support library for the playstation and let other people program the
spu native APIs.