This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA] Limit stack usage growth caused by inliner
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:23:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Limit stack usage growth caused by inliner
- References: <20061105212725.GH15935@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Nov 5, 2006, at 1:27 PM, Jan Hubicka wrote:
this patch is trying to address stack usage problems we run into since
we started inlining functions called once.
I like the patch, though, I'd love to see people follow this up with
yet more measurements and refine the 256 default number. It seems
too small to me, but, maybe that's just me, I don't have any numbers
to back my feeling.