This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA] Limit stack usage growth caused by inliner
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:42:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Limit stack usage growth caused by inliner
- References: <20061105212725.GH15935@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Sunday 05 November 2006 22:27, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> The patch simply estimate stack usage of non-gimple-registers variables by
> running the cfgexpand's variable packing code
Do we have to do this? That code is not linear, sounds like you
could introduce a bad compile time regression here.