This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] bootstrap failure in obj-c++
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: mrs at apple dot com (Mike Stump)
- Cc: toa at pop dot agri dot ch (Andreas Tobler), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org (GCC Patches), geoffk at apple dot com (Geoffrey Keating), pinskia at gmail dot com (Andrew Pinski)
- Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:35:43 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [patch] bootstrap failure in obj-c++
> > This is obvious as cp_finish_file is named
> > cp_write_global_declarations
> > and is called via LANG_HOOKS_WRITE_GLOBALS.
> Well, actually, they are both wrong, or at least incomplete. The
> effect is to move metadata writing up earlier, thus breaking things.
> This is wrong. Geoff, did you build obj-c++? Did you test it?
> Fariborz tells me that the testsuite should catch such things.
I did run the testsuite on powerpc-darwin after this patch and I got
the same results as before the other patch except for one small
testsuite bug which I was going to commit when I got home tonight.