This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] bootstrap failure in obj-c++
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Tobler <toa at pop dot agri dot ch>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:27:33 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] bootstrap failure in obj-c++
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Nov 1, 2006, at 7:31 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 23:51 +0100, Andreas Tobler wrote:
I do not have time to wait!
This patch caused a bootstrap failure for obj-c++:
With the appended patch we get back to the previous results, tested
ppc-linux and sparc-solaris.
I don't know if correct or not. But I need to get it out since I have
lots of stuff pending. (not for gcc)
This is obvious as cp_finish_file is named
and is called via LANG_HOOKS_WRITE_GLOBALS.
Well, actually, they are both wrong, or at least incomplete. The
effect is to move metadata writing up earlier, thus breaking things.
This is wrong. Geoff, did you build obj-c++? Did you test it?
Fariborz tells me that the testsuite should catch such things.