This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR24518 - Intrinsic MOD incorrect for large arg1/arg2 and slow.
- From: Paul Thomas <paulthomas2 at wanadoo dot fr>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 13:34:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR24518 - Intrinsic MOD incorrect for large arg1/arg2 and slow.
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
If I recall correctly, the reason that I did not implement something
like the proposed patch, a year ago, was that -ffast-math came up with a
NULL, instead of fmod. I will check what happens now.
Secondly, I believe Paul's patch is fine even without Uros' x87 intrinsic
patch. Adding support for inlining fmod calls on IA-32 clearly helps