This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fixinclude patch for HP-UX
- From: "Bruce Korb" <bruce dot korb at gmail dot com>
- To: "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: sje at cup dot hp dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dave dot aglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca
- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:51:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: Fixinclude patch for HP-UX
- References: <200610311706.JAA25744@hpsje.cup.hp.com> <454787CE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/31/06, Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> wrote:
Steve Ellcey wrote:
> This patch deals with a bug in the HP-UX header files where the sendfile
> and sendpath routines are declared extern and then static. This only
> happens when compiling with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64, so it doesn't come
> up much and ....
> Mark, is this patch OK for the 4.2 branch? ...
Yes, this is OK for 4.2, once committed to mainline.
Hi Mark, Steve,
I would actually put it more strongly: in general, without good
reason to the contrary, fixinclude patches ought to go into all active
branches. A contraindication might be "days away from cutting a full
release', but otherwise these patches are generally quite safe and
make GCC more readily usable. In other words, if another 4.1.x is
possible, I'd put it there, too. :) But Mark gets to make final call
Cheers - Bruce