This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran,patch] Correctly NULL-terminate character constant strings
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Fran?ois-Xavier Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: fortran at sources dot redhat dot com, GCC-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 07:18:50 -0800
- Subject: Re: [gfortran,patch] Correctly NULL-terminate character constant strings
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 11:03:43AM +0100, Fran?ois-Xavier Coudert wrote:
> :ADDPATCH fortran:
> Hi all,
> Attached patch corrects a few functions which did not correctly
> NULL-terminate value.character.string for CHARACTER constants.
> Although it appears that this NULL-termination was not required when
> the front-end was first written, a few places now rely on it, and I
> don't think it's too bad to accomodate them. I've tried to review and
> fix not only the problem in the original PR, but all other such
> OK for mainline, 4.2 and 4.1?
OK with a proper ChangeLog.