This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix endless recursion in make_vector_type (PR tree-opt/29637; 4. regression cause by PR c/29092 fix)
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 14:51:13 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix endless recursion in make_vector_type (PR tree-opt/29637; 4. regression cause by PR c/29092 fix)
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> 2006-10-29 Jakub Jelinek <email@example.com>
> PR tree-optimization/29637
> * tree.c (make_vector_type): Don't recurse if TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT
> of the innertype is the innertype itself.
> * gcc.dg/pr29637.c: New test.
Sorry for the inconvenience. This is OK for all active branches.
Whilst it isn't clear whether it'd be nice to always have a type
without attributes to the be the TYPE_MAIN_VARIANT, this change is
always safe, and resovles the regression.
Thanks for fixing this.