This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Disable CSE skip-blocks
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, <mark at codesourcery dot com>, <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>, <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 12:28:07 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Disable CSE skip-blocks
On Sun, 29 Oct 2006, Richard Kenner wrote:
> > I'd like to appove this patch, but won't do so if Richard still
> > objects strongly.
> Sorry; I didn't mean to imply that I was objecting at all. I didn't
> want to take a position on the details of the patch itself since I'm
> not as familiar with work in that direction as I'd want to be to take
> a position. I have no objection with proceeding in that direction and
> was indeed in favor of going much *further* than this and getting rid
> of the code in question (and was giving my opinion on how to do that).
> So, although I don't want to be the person to officially approve the
> patch, I certainly have no objection to it.
Excellent! Many thanks for the clarification.
Given that we all seem to be in perfect agreement, Steven's patch
is OK for mainline. Hopefully, the more substantial clean-ups and
reorganizations will be contributed soon, now that we have consensus.