This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Fix g++.old-deja/g++.abi/vtable2.C for MIPS o32 abicalls
- From: Richard Sandiford <richard at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:59:47 +0000
- Subject: Fix g++.old-deja/g++.abi/vtable2.C for MIPS o32 abicalls
g++.old-deja/g++.abi/vtable2.C was failing for -mabi=32 -mabicalls
because we were accessing a weakref symbol using local rather than
global GOT accesses. The problem is that the decl itself is
!TREE_PUBLIC (suggesting an STB_LOCAL symbol), but the target
symbol will either be STB_GLOBAL or STB_WEAK.
The patch below tests for DECL_WEAK as well as TREE_PUBLIC.
Tested on mips64-linux-gnu (all 3 ABIs) and applied to trunk.
* config/mips/mips.c (mips_classify_symbol): Test DECL_WEAK as well
as TREE_PUBLIC when deciding whether to return SYMBOL_GOT_GLOBAL.
--- gcc/config/mips/mips.c (revision 118100)
+++ gcc/config/mips/mips.c (working copy)
@@ -1198,6 +1198,8 @@ struct gcc_target targetm = TARGET_INITI
static enum mips_symbol_type
mips_classify_symbol (rtx x)
+ tree decl;
if (GET_CODE (x) == LABEL_REF)
@@ -1229,7 +1231,8 @@ mips_classify_symbol (rtx x)
- if (SYMBOL_REF_DECL (x) == 0)
+ decl = SYMBOL_REF_DECL (x);
+ if (decl == 0)
if (!SYMBOL_REF_LOCAL_P (x))
@@ -1257,11 +1260,15 @@ mips_classify_symbol (rtx x)
In the third case we have more freedom since both forms of
access will work for any kind of symbol. However, there seems
- little point in doing things differently. */
- if (DECL_P (SYMBOL_REF_DECL (x))
- && TREE_PUBLIC (SYMBOL_REF_DECL (x))
- && !(TARGET_ABSOLUTE_ABICALLS
- && targetm.binds_local_p (SYMBOL_REF_DECL (x))))
+ little point in doing things differently.
+ Note that weakref symbols are not TREE_PUBLIC, but their
+ targets are global or weak symbols. Relocations in the
+ object file will be against the target symbol, so it's
+ that symbol's binding that matters here. */
+ if (DECL_P (decl)
+ && (TREE_PUBLIC (decl) || DECL_WEAK (decl))
+ && !(TARGET_ABSOLUTE_ABICALLS && targetm.binds_local_p (decl)))