This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: PR29335 evaluate transcendentals at compile-time using MPFR [take 3]
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:29:56 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: PR29335 evaluate transcendentals at compile-time using MPFR [take 3]
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Kaveh R. GHAZI wrote:
> And here is the testcase for buggy MPFR. I believe the results are only
> valid when sizeof(double)==8, so I verified that in the test.
> Tested on sparc-sun-solaris2.10 with the sin/cos/tan patch:
> using vanilla MPFR 2.2.0 (where it fails as expected) and patched MPFR
> 2.2.0 (where it passes).
> Is the testcase okay for mainline assuming that the sin/cos/tan patch is
Sure. Both this testcase and the sin/cos/tan patch are OK for mainline.
Sorry for the delay, but I've been double checking that recent MPFR
changes are OK, and apart from a minor issue my end where on x86_64,
mpfr-2.2.0 by default installs itself into /usr/local/lib instead of
/usr/local/lib64 (end-user error), everything looks good.
Thanks for implementing this. Ideally, it'd be nice if we had a more
efficient (binary) approach for converting values between real.h and
mpfr.h. The struct representations are similar, and it feels awkward
to have to go via ASCII string representations to perform conversions.
Hopefully, this is just the first installment of good things to come.
Congratulations on the significant initial hurdle in getting MPFR
linked into cc1 and friends.
Hopefully, we can twist the arms of the MPFR folks to roll out a
2.2.1 release including the current cumulative patches some time
soon. It's a minor inconvenience to mainline developers, but may
become much more significant once 4.3 gets closer to release.