This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
fwprop in 4.3 stage 1?
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 11:11:15 +0200
- Subject: fwprop in 4.3 stage 1?
I would like to ask to commit the fwprop patch, as it was posted last
May, during stage 1 of 4.3.
It goes without saying that *properly posted* regressions -- that is, on
bugzilla -- for which I have preprocessed source code or (exceptionally)
a pointer to a precise function in SPEC2000 together with the
configuration file used to run SPEC, will be addressed properly.
"Informal" messages pointing out to worse scores that cannot be
disclosed, and so on, will be ignored.
If the patch is not approved by the beginning of stage 2 or before the
merge of the dataflow branch, it will be officially reverted from the
latter and withdrawn.
Benchmark results include:
- http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-05/msg00642.html (worse crafty
and better gzip on x86_64, neutral on i686)
- http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-05/msg00834.html (-9% gap
apparently, will be fixed if posted under the above rules)