This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++] fix 27787
- From: "Richard Guenther" <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: "Nathan Sidwell" <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:12:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++] fix 27787
- References: <44EF2B91.email@example.com>
On 8/25/06, Nathan Sidwell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
I've installed this patch to fix bug 27787. We were being too eager to resolve
typename types with a currently open context. As the test case shows, we don't
know that lookup won't find a dependent base type at instantiation time. I
found make_typename_type's logic somewhat confusing, so simplified it in the
tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu
I have backported this to the 4.1 branch as it fixes PR25868 there
which is a regression.
Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
Will apply to the branch later.