This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran,patch] New option to use BLAS routines for matrix multiplication
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>, "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org List" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 11:18:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [gfortran,patch] New option to use BLAS routines for matrix multiplication
- References: <BB94194A-C1ED-4F09-AC57-7A6E9FFF0BF8@gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Saturday 07 October 2006 11:16, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> > OK for mainline?
> It looks like a cool improvement -- but must this be in GCC 4.2?
> Don't take this as discouragement, I really like the idea of using
> BLAS more when it's available (rationale: why invent the matmul
> wheel twice? ;-)
> Does the driver know how to link in the BLAS library itself, or is
> it up to the user to provide the extra -lblas (or whatever) option?
> Where is the documentation of the new options and this new feature?
Oh, and how does it handle the MATMUL(TRANSPOSE()) optimization?