This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr
- Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:37:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: Autoparallelization
- References: <20060927210927.GA30121@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com> <20061003134408.GA7763@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
Zdenek Dvorak wrote on 10/03/06 09:44:
> I thought about this and considered it a bit easier to start by
> targetting libgomp directly, at least for the initial implementation.
OK, but it's really not the right direction. If there are things to fix
in the OMP IL, then we will fix them. Otherwise, we will fall in the
usual trap of a misdesigned implementation that lives on because
I can help you fix whatever is missing on the IL side to get this going,
but I will need at least another week or so to finish up the memory SSA
bits I've been working on.